We know we can't collect all the fantastic stories that Palestinians have to share - so we need your help! We'd love for you to join our summer storytelling competition. Interview a Palestinian in your life, create a mini-podcast episode, and enter it for a chance to be featured on Palestinians Podcast and win a prize pack!
1. Find a Palestinian person to interview OR Develop your own story about being Palestinian.
2. Sit down, have a conversation, and record it (audio only)!
a. Ask questions like: What was your childhood like? Where did you grow up? Where is home to you? What does it mean to be Palestinian? What does Palestine mean to you? Was there a time you felt truly Palestinian?
3. Edit that conversation (if needed) by adding in an intro, conclusion, and music (if you'd like). In your intro make sure you introduce yourself with your name, where you're from, and mention that you are entering the summer storytelling contest on Palestinians Podcast. In your conclusion, make sure to thank the person you interviewed, credit any music you used, and also let us know why you listen to Palestinians Podcast.
4. Submit your interview for a chance to be featured on Palestinians Podcast!
- Young Storytellers (9-13 years old) can submit stories up to 5 minutes long.
- Coming of Age Storytellers (14-17) can submit stories up to 10 minutes long.
- Adult Storytellers (18+) can submit stories up to 15 minutes long.
- To be eligible to be featured on Palestinians Podcast stories must be submitted by August 29th. Stories can be submitted HERE.
- Have fun!
- If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org!